The secrets behind Quotes of Rumi _ But who exactly is Rumi? Rumi was an mysterious Persian poet during the 13th century. He was also a mystical and considered the most renowned Sufi teacher of all time.
His work gained popularity because of its universal message about peace, desire, love, and passion.
Rumi’s poems are simple enough to be understood and his eternal views about life are still applicable even in our current world.
For this, we are in admiration of Rumi’s brilliant mind and in love with his kindhearted views. It’s been more than 800 years but one thing is for sure, his words will continue to inspire people from all over the world.
Here are the best collection of 56+ quotes from Rumi to help us achieve inner peace and contentment:
Rumi Quotes: A River of Wisdom
1. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
2. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
3. Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
4. Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.
5. Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.
6. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
7. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
8. You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
9. Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
10. Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.
11. Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.
12. Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
13. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
14. There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?
15. Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
Rumi Quotes That Speaks Of The True Essence Of Love
16. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
17. I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
18. This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
19. The wound is the place where the light enters you.
20. And so it is, that both the devil and the angelic spirits present us with objects of desire to awaken our power of choice.
21. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
22. Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.
23. Reason is powerless in the expression of love.
24. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
25. These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
26. Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be.
27. I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.
28. Take someone who doesn’t keep score, who’s not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing, who has not the slightest interest even in his own personality: he’s free.
29. When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.
30. Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor.
The Most Beautiful Rumi Quotes On Life
31. I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
32. Be full of sorrow, that you may become hill of joy; weep, that you may break into laughter.
33. Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion. Bewilderment brings intuitive knowledge.
34. Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought.
35. Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
36. The lion is most handsome when looking for food.
37. The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.
38. Don’t you know yet? It is your light that lights the worlds.
39. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
40. Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.
41. To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.
41. Dance until you shatter yourself.
43. It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
44. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open.
12 Of My Favorite Quotes From Rumi
45. As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.
46. Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wild flowers will come up where you are.
47. What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.
48. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
49. The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.
50. Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there.
51. If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.
52. Achieve some perfection yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the perfection in others.
53. This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.
54. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. _ Beautiful Quotes of Rumi
55. What is planted in each person’s soul will sprout.
56. In each moment the fire rages, it will burn away a hundred veils. And carry you a thousand steps toward your goal.
Thanks for reading our most Beautiful Quotes of Rumi. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on Facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!